Wednesday 6 November 2013

Blast templates and blades

By The Megapope   Posted at  02:15   Ultramarines No comments



This week I decided to make a start on my squad of Devastators. I easily had enough spare space marine sprues to make all eight weapon options, plus of course the sergeant who'd been painted up a few months ago. 

Behold, WIP of some heavy weapon fellas! 




For the eagle chestpiece on this marine I tried a simpler method of just painting it brown, then painting most of each feather tip gold while leaving a small part of the inside. I then ran earthshade wash over the bits I hadn't painted gold. I think it looks really effective.


But wait, there's more! I also made a start on the Khador Manhunter, because why not. He's got his green vest on to fit in with the rest of the army. Digging how nice the black ink makes the fur trimming and fuzzy boots.





0 bleatings to Megapope:

Back to top ↑
Contact!

Who is this beardy weirdo?

My photo
Hatching from his egg high in the glacier crowned majesty of the Himalayas, the Megapope quickly devoured his other siblings and later on his parents, for being damned cheeky. He ran a bloody campaign of terror across the wind swept steppes of the north, coming to be known as 'That Horrid Bastard' by the terrified tribes of the region. Many years later he came second in a beauty contest, won $10, didn't pass Go and didn't collect $200.

Important legal disclaimer

Important legal disclaimer
© 2013 Paint Nerd . WP Mythemeshop Converted by BloggerTheme9
Blogger templates . Proudly Powered by Blogger .