Wednesday 30 October 2013

Ultramarines Rhino

By The Megapope   Posted at  14:35   Ultramarines 2 comments



My first (mostly) finished transport vehicle! Man, I gotta tell you I seriously need to get an airbrush before I try painting something like this again. Pain in the buttocks. 

It took me a while to figure out how to make it look halfway decent, some advice from the Warhammer Reddit forum had me layering down some ink along the bottom to give it more depth, plus a brighter tone along the top. This would have been WAY easier with an airbrush right from the start. 

I'm mostly happy with it, though I'm probably going to be touching it up for a while. But have some photos!






2 comments :

  1. My budget doesn't stretch to airbrushes but for vehicles I've started base-coating using two spray cans - a darker colour than you want for the base coat and then a "pass" with the lighter main colour over the top of the vehicle so that the paint "falls" on the main areas but leaves a gradient down the sides of the vehicle. then it's just clean-up and line highlighting (and everything else). Theres some terrible photos of my LandRaider done this way here: http://tinymens.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/blood-ravens-landraider-completed.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea. I'll likely try that first since airbrushes are expensive! Your landraider looks great by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Back to top ↑
Contact!

Who is this beardy weirdo?

My photo
Hatching from his egg high in the glacier crowned majesty of the Himalayas, the Megapope quickly devoured his other siblings and later on his parents, for being damned cheeky. He ran a bloody campaign of terror across the wind swept steppes of the north, coming to be known as 'That Horrid Bastard' by the terrified tribes of the region. Many years later he came second in a beauty contest, won $10, didn't pass Go and didn't collect $200.

Important legal disclaimer

Important legal disclaimer
© 2013 Paint Nerd . WP Mythemeshop Converted by BloggerTheme9
Blogger templates . Proudly Powered by Blogger .