Sunday 30 October 2011

Bit Of A Quickie

By The Megapope   Posted at  21:26   Ultramarines No comments

Just a wee update to say I'm plugging away on my command squad.  Progress is a tad slow, but see! I bring my humble offerings to the table anyway, knowing that you'll nod sagely and not say anything mean until my back is turned.

I cry myself to sleep at night knowing this.


The standard bearer is close to being finished. Very happy with his face, he came out quite grizzled looking. As you can see from the pistol, I base coated it leather brown, and will be working up to a nice gold colour. Figured the commandy dudes could have different coloured weapons and I've seen a couple Ultramarine collectors paint their guns this way.

The banner is glued in place now... I angled it so that it's facing more in the direction that he's shooting in. I just love the idea of him being all like SEE THIS AWESOME BANNER *BLAM BLAM BLAM* ARE YOU SEEING IT YET? *BLAM BLAM BLAMMO*


First Sergeant Kallistus! I named him after a somewhat rare model (amazingly painted) that came out a while back. Apparently the character's a veteran sergeant from second company, so that was good enough for me. Plus the name just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? Kallistus! 

Excuse the somewhat blurry pic, this was the best one out of a bad bunch and by the time I realised it was too dark to take any more. 

Kallistus is my generic captain for when I don't want to field the big man Sicarius himself, for whatever reason. I always figured there should be one or two characters beneath the captain in the command structure, and at this stage First Sergeant sounds cool. Later on I'm going to sit down and work out the Company structure beyond what the Codex says, which might involve finding another officer to field as a different generic captain. We shall see! 


0 bleatings to Megapope:

Back to top ↑
Contact!

Who is this beardy weirdo?

My photo
Hatching from his egg high in the glacier crowned majesty of the Himalayas, the Megapope quickly devoured his other siblings and later on his parents, for being damned cheeky. He ran a bloody campaign of terror across the wind swept steppes of the north, coming to be known as 'That Horrid Bastard' by the terrified tribes of the region. Many years later he came second in a beauty contest, won $10, didn't pass Go and didn't collect $200.

Important legal disclaimer

Important legal disclaimer
© 2013 Paint Nerd . WP Mythemeshop Converted by BloggerTheme9
Blogger templates . Proudly Powered by Blogger .